First day back on a mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NEUSWEDE, Mar 28, 2006.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

First day back on a mower in almost 4 months and it felt great. 60's here today. Weather has been so nice I have been working for the past 2 weeks. 2 large accounts prepped for mulch. Started clean-ups and thatching some lawns today. It is great!
    lawns are starting to green but the turf isn't fully thawed in some spots yet.

How is everyone else doing? Able to put in a full week yet?

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I'm getting my equipment out of storage this weekend and next week I will start spring clean-ups. Hopefully this warm weather will continue and I can be cutting by the 3rd week in April.

3. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

People got to be working.. weather is great!!!! Clear sunny skys .... IM so happy to be outside again...

4. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel you man, Last night I was mowing and thatching a yard and didn't want to stop mowing the yard.:weightlifter:

5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Started cleanups yesterday. Rain today. Mowers are ready to go but most of the yards are not. With the rain today and Friday I am hoping to be cutting at least half of them next week. Then the week after be going full tilt. More cleanups the rest of the week. :waving:

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Halfway through my fifth cleanup since saturday when is started my season, doing VERY well, calls don't stop comming in and im fine with that!!lol, is shaping up to be a good season!

7. lawncare18

Neuswede... Lets see your summer set up... ive seen your winter set up and love it... thanks in advance

8. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I will snap some picture while working tomorrow, another long day ahead and I am not complaining!

9. lawncare18

IM full blast on the golf course.... i love these spring warm days... everyone is inside in the "office" jobs . I dont know how they do it!!! Nothing like being out with nature all day!!!!