first day mowing ended bad

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nitroman, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

well people my first mowing day started out great. I woke up about 5:00, was at my first account at 6:20. I was throwing out work, just flying; hav'en a great day. Then 5:00 Pm comes up. I pull up to a common ground that is newly built and kind of messy and tall. Major water and hill hazards, lets just say my corn hole was puckered for the entire first hour. I get most all of the hard stuff out of the way and come flying threw my next faze, full speed I dropped rite into a mud hole. Chopper has 7 hours on it.... yeah. Mud is all over it, I had to call my bro for a toe out.

great way to start the season :eek:

2. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

If your bother just used one toe, he must have really big toes!

3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

*lol*:D

4. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

That stinks. Hope you got it out ok. Be careful not to put undue stress on the frame winching out. Bending the frame would suck. Anyhow, I feel ya. I got my JD 757 stuck with less than 10 hours on it and had to dig my way out and use an old board. That was a wasted half hour. Thankfully, I cut that account loose 3 cuts later. Hope you get more $$ than normal for that job with all the hazards (gotta figure in the PITA factor on those!).

5. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Man i would be like:blob2: :angry: :blob2: :angry: if my new Dixie fell in the mud, and me and it got covered in it.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would look at it in a different way, at least it happened at the end of the day and not at the beginning of the day

7. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

the real question here is how many people saw this little maneuver?

8. lilred731

lilred731 LawnSite Member

LOL. :eek:

9. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I only do it if I really have to.

10. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

It may not have been funny for you, but because of your thread some of us got laughs out of it.
    Sorry for the bad luck

Trevor