First day of mowing!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D&K Lawns, Feb 21, 2011.

1. D&K Lawns

D&K Lawns LawnSite Member

Had our first day of mowing today. Equipment performed great. The smell of cut grass never gets old.

2. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

Man I'm Jealous! I got about another month, I can't wait I'm getting ready for it!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Dogbonz

Dogbonz LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmm,, that's sad,, I just got 11" of new snow yesterday!! But I did plow my contract's twice! =) At least I got power! 43,000 people a county or 2 below me don't!

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

yup, about a month out of mowing, but work starts in two weeks!!!!

i jsut want to get back out and work! sitting around is killing me, getting fat and bored , hahah

5. Grass Shark

Grass Shark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7

What???? We are getting ready to go do some snow work!! Good for you though.

6. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

This does not compute. I still have 2 months of skiing before I even start thinking about it.

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Ugh not fair! Im still sitting around second guessing recent equipment purchases and sales I have made... If the weather is good next week I am going to go through the route and talk to as many as my customers as I can catch at home, and also try to upsell some tree/landscape work to give me something to do until I start spring cleanups March 1.

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, this thread does not compute. At least 2 full months here before we even think about mowing.

9. c3wlandscaping

c3wlandscaping LawnSite Member

14 inches of snow here in 36 hours, still snowing. will be on round 3 of pushin snow in the morning. 30 hours of plowin at 100 an hour. has been a good month for the plowin here. the funny thing is, i saw grass in my yard 2 days ago. i can not wait for the smell of fresh cut grass.

10. D&K Lawns

D&K Lawns LawnSite Member

Well, considering I live in Mississippi and we have had two and half weeks of 70 plus degree temps, I would say it does compute.