First day of work for New Englanders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Feb 12, 2002.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I live in MA and usually start the last week of March or full throttle by April 1. How bout the rest of the New Englanders here? Of course my big advertising push with flyers starts March 1. Any thoughts?

2. GLM

GLM LawnSite Member

I usually start around the same on the Cape depends on the weather end of march or first of April then lawn mowing toward the middle to end of April. Spring leaf clean ups will start early this year if this weather holds out!

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i dont think you really start march 1st do you? we get snow storms through april? i usually start the third or fourth week of april. maybe the second week with a light winter. this winter you could probably start tomorrow though:D

4. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

I also start the last week of march doing clean ups and start mowing first week in may.

5. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

we usually start getting equipment ready the last week in march and usually start working the first or second week in april, sometimes the third week if it;s a long winter.

6. proscapeINC

proscapeINC LawnSite Member

I'm happy to announce my operation is ready to go I would love to get out 3rd week of march. weather here has been very mild

7. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We are working 3-4 days a week at our properties now for snow plowing, sanding and ice maintenance (walkways) We dont start summer maintenance till the snows gone then we start with weeding the beds and spreading tons of mulch. But the snow is unpredictable so starting time is a ?????????????????????????

8. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

First day Feb 28 Hartford Show, ED

9. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Wow, 17 degrees here...I thought spring was just around the corner.

10. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

I live on the cape, and we never shut down. We do cleanups, brush mowing and pruning of trees. Great winter for work so far, 1 or 2 days here last week or 2 cold, but not bad for winter.We will be starting spring cleanups next week, mowing whenever the grass starts growing.