First day of work today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassman177, Mar 7, 2011.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

well, after what seems like a short winter, and after a week in florida:usflag:, our crews did the first day back at work.

today i did some easy landscape cleanups. only worked about 5.5 hrs,

kicked my ass!!!!!

2. silverwoolley

silverwoolley LawnSite Member

Had our first day out last Saturday. When I got home I thought to myself. "Jeeze, we are slow!". Hoping it was just the first cut tall grass but man, we have to get quicker.

3. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

lucky, the grass is still brown and dry up in Chicago. it won't be 'till late march/early April that we get goin

someone fast forward mother nature about a month please!!

4. grassman177

grass is not green here yet, but spring flowers are growing. just getting started on cleanups. they are not too bad, but all the bending over gets to you, mowing is way easier!

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I finished cutting down pampas grass today. Would like to get over about half my lawns by the end of week to clean up leaves. Probably be mowing weekly by the end of the month.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Got to try out the new 36 & 52 GS's today. Man are they fast and they bag great!! I was really impressed with the 36!! My back is tired too, as I get older the ground gets farther away!!. 3rd day out!! Going to break-in the Z=spray next week ordered our 1st app today!

7. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

i cut two yards already that were all weeds lol....tomorrow i have to do a cleanup for a customer >.< lol...mowing is much easier

8. landers lawn

landers lawn LawnSite Member

i have been cutting for about 3 weeks.

9. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

My first big job out of the winter was spreading 3 units of compost by hand in the rain (Heavy and sucked), kicked my ......

10. grassman177

Nice fellas!

Taking today off due to rain chances and also because I need administrative time
    Posted via Mobile Device