First day using new Bobcat T300 WOW!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jmbobcat2, Apr 7, 2006.

1. jmbobcat2

jmbobcat2 LawnSite Member

All I can say is this is the best skid steer I have ever run, I was at full speed within 10 minutes and about twice the speed (actual yards of dirt moved over rough terrain) than my old 863F within 30 minutes of seat time. It quickly instilled a lot of confidence, heck you just point and go wide open - you don't have to finesse it over the bumps. I thought my 863 was great and could not get all that much better - boy I was wrong. Is it just me or is there anyone else who thinks it is a night and day difference? I don't think I will run a rubber tire machine again. And I think I am going to raise my rates!!

2. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

congrats on the new machine. what kind of work are you planning to do with it.

3. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Definitely, congratulations on your purchase! Have fun with the machine. :D

4. badranman

badranman LawnSite Member

I would hope you'd raise your rates. payup Your cost per hour is more now. You have to take all of your costs into consideration. So instead of putting on 4 tires you're looking at 2 tracks plus undercarriage.

5. jmbobcat2

Well I charge $85 an hour right now and it seems to be fair in my area. Some guys are getting $105/ hour, but they have been around for quite awhile. I am just getting into my second year out on my own in the Bobcat/dump truck biz. How much do you guys charge an hour? btw I am in So. Cal. And o'yea I just dropped $4000.00 into it on maintenance supplies and undercarriage parts.

6. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

I get $85 an hour here in Orlando as well for all 3 of my machines. I have 2 T300's and a 435 excavator. I can do multiple things with just the attachments i have, breaker, thump for the EX, bucket for the !300's grapples for both T300's pallet forks and a 10 yard dump trailer. This combo works for me so far, but an looking into getting a small dump truck soon.

7. jmbobcat2

My pricing is kind of based on local rental rates of the machine. It cost $300.00 a day (8 hours) to rent just the machine. That works out to be $37.50hr. And I charge about $45.00hr for myself so I round up to $85.00hr. I have a Breaker tine/root bucket, smooth & rock buckets and a grapple bucket. My rates stay the same no matter what attachment I have on it and this also includes operating my Bobtail dump truck.

8. Caribbean Breeze

Caribbean Breeze LawnSite Member

jm,

Note;

In order to get extended service life from the T300;

Ensure that you are running the right track tension

Clean your undercarriage often with water (pressure wash if pos)

Don't turn on the spot as you may do with the skid steer, make gradual turns

Avoid abrasive material that may cut the track

Try not to get tree branches and other debris ingested into the undercarriage

Have Fun,

C Breeze

9. badranman

badranman LawnSite Member

I charge an extra $50.00/hr when using my breaker on the mini x. It wasn't free.

10. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

I dont cahrge extra for the breaker, maybe i should though.. never thought aout it. None of the attachments are free, just depends on which ones you need and use most of the time.