first day with the t3000

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by vaacutabove, Apr 20, 2013.

1. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

The T3000 has 3 spray widths as a stock unit and a 12 foot boom as an accessory. Widths 4 foot with trim nozzle, 6 foot and 9 foot with the high flow fan nozzle for wide apps. When you reduce the pressure on the high flow fan nozzle you reduce the width and amount of product being produced by the nozzle. It still has to be be bucket tested to get the precise setting.

2. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks Bob, I knew it was a little more complicated than just turning down the regulator...

So what you're saying is lower pressure= more narrow width...It's up to the operator to calibrate themselves. No reduction in groundspeed necessary?? just run the same ground speed with less distance between passes so correct overlap is achieved?

3. ted putnam

That sure doesn't seem right.

Mix in tank is set for rate/area. If mix is not changed and output is reduced, sure you have to adjust pass width but I would think you have to adjust ground speed as well.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I just checked the calibration on my T and for 9 foot width, to get a quart per k, the pump pressure is at 38psi. For the 6 foot width, to geta quart per k, the pump pressure is at 12 psi. Ground speed is set at 5 mph, wish there was a way to make it go faster.

What does everyone run for tire pressure, I have them set at max psi which is 38psi.

5. ted putnam

Long days/hours has me "overthinking"

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I sure wish I could get some long hours in, rain just will not let up. Can't complain though.

7. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Read the instructions in the book it is all there and too much to type here.