first driveway repair job

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Emerscape, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Emerscape

Emerscape LawnSite Member

After loosing my operations manager job at a landscape construction and general contracting company last friday (july 8th) ive been out on my own trying to make a living. i bid on an driveway repair job ( a little too low) and had my girlfriend work with me ( she lost her job two months ago) . take a look and tell me what u think . ive attached a link to my webshots account because it was too much a pain in the but to post them on here. u can look through my other pictures if u feel so inclined

http://community.webshots.com/user/pekicone

2. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Didn't even look at the repair job, had too much fun looking at Manhattan Summer 04.

3. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

same here.

4. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Wanna talk about tranny surprise?

5. Emerscape

haha yeah my girlfriend got quite a suprise that night.. .when she got back to NYC she showed me the pictures. Kinda turned me off.. ya know.. but anyway can we focus on the repair job

6. scholzee

scholzee LawnSite Member
    from NY

I am not a paving expert, but wonder how that thin layer on top the old stuff will hold up. Maybe that whole section should have been cut out ? Certainly looks better and as you said the seal coat should help smooth it. Were you planning on sealing the whole drive ? that would definitely make it look nice and maybe you could make up some money on the sealing part for bidding low. Did you rent the dump and roller ? Hope it works out for you, nothing like working for yourself, good luck !!

7. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

looks like you have some hotties there

8. Emerscape

yeah im planning on sealing the entire driveway. thats my truck i bought about a month ago. i rented a 1 ton roller for 100 dollars. yes its definetly a thin coat but i used an emulsifier so all said and done it should last 4-5 years.

9. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

I don't do blacktop, but you do have a beautiful Newf. We have a 6 year old named Moses.

Scott

10. Emerscape

thank you very much .hes 9 months old his name is copley and weighing about 110 lbs.. the vets are saying that hes gonna be small for his size but i absolutely love having him. he spends almost every minute of the day with us.. he loves coming out plowing in the winter