First estimate ever! yippie

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Davis Lawn Mowing LLC., Mar 22, 2004.

1. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

First estimate being in the business is going out tomorrow. Got an email this morning about a woman who needs mowing done for the year and am going over tomorrow morning for the estimate. I know the area pretty well, right up the street from where my grandma lives so it should be no problem at all. I have decided I am going to use the 1/4 acre increment method with $25 as the base going up to $40 per acre. I decided the $20 stop fee and $1/1000 sq ft might be a little much in this area of Michigan. Wish me luck guys! I am gonna hopefully get my logo posted today as well. :blob3:

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

good luck, and make sure to charge enough for you to make what you need to.
    The first one is special, you'll always rememeber her, I mean it :D

3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Good luck greatlakes!!

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yes, the first one is special, you always remember her, then you get the next 50, and realize they're a dime a dozen. good luck, and price right.

5. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Thanks fellas. I just might give her a discount for being my first customer not a member of my immediate family. Her yard is going to be very small, I know the neighborhood very well. The lawns are very small up there in her neck of the woods.

6. good luck great lakes....... You'll do fine......

7. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Best Of Luck.

Brian

8. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Thanks guys. :p

9. competitiveimageland

competitiveimageland LawnSite Member

congradulations hope to hear how it went

10. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

I will come back and let everyone know if I got it. I sure hope I do, a lot of older people live in this area of town and all have easy lawns. Hell, my grandmothers lawn takes 15 minutes with a push mower since she had a new garage put in and it needed a burm since she lives on a hill. Knocked down my mowing from 30 minutes to about 15. Could probably get a few $25 lawns and get 4-5 of them done in an hour-hour and half depending on trimming. Easy $100 an hour or so.