First fertilizer app of the year

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by officerturner, Apr 29, 2014.

1. officerturner

officerturner LawnSite Member

Man I calibrated my spreader. And still had to use more that I added up!!! Am I not going fast enough

2. officerturner

#80 lesco. 3 one inch holes. 12ft swath. 6.0lbs per 1000sf of screamin green.

Posted via Mobile Device

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Happens all the time. Your lawns are measured by your salesmen at about 20 percent below actual sqft. Happened all the time at rue green.
    Did you calibrate on flat pavement? If your lawns are mostly uphill with long grass--like mine were--and its after 3 pm--yeah you go a bit slower.

Double check your swath width, measured center to center. And sure--under conditions of low humidity--it might flow just a bit smoother--faster.

4. officerturner

Ha. The road was raised in the center. Im a tard!!! Do yall put only the amount of product for each measured section?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

No big deal you put down a bit more pre on Rd 1. Just dial back.

6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I'm not a fan of 3-hole spreaders, and going off some sort of chart is usually inaccurate. Best way is to actually use the spreader on 2 or 3 lawns >> then you pretty much have it nailed down. I don't trust "charts" cuz the boys that wrote these ain't "in the field". The Duke brothers knew this when they began the original ChemLawn.

UOTE=DA Quality Lawn & YS;5026029]No big deal you put down a bit more pre on Rd 1. Just dial back.[/QUOTE]