FIRST Hardscape Project

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by slamjamrockinman, Oct 25, 2010.

1. slamjamrockinman

slamjamrockinman LawnSite Senior Member

Hi everyone,
    I haven't been on here much lately(really busy), but just wanted to show everyone my latest project. Biggest install yet: Paver Patio, Wall on outside edge, chilton edging all the way around the house, tore out a bunch of shrubs including 8 arborvite about as tall as the house:hammerhead: Wish I would have snapped a few before pictures. I will get more pictures soon. Not quite done yet, still have a small amount of sod left but overall I was very happy with the way it turned out and the customers are extremely happy. Going back in the spring to do some plantings. Keep in mind I am 17, never laid a paver before, never ran a bobcat, basically I didn't have a whole lot of experience starting the job. Questions/comments/concerns are much appreciated. Thanks for looking.
    -Peter

PATIO2.jpg

PATIO.jpg

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

looks really good. post more pics!

3. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey man it looks great.for being 17 im 16.i would never think of a kid around my age doing a job like this.great job man.and good for you a thumbs up to you:clapping:

4. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

um why the hell are you running a compactor over the pavers?!?!?!

5. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

looks good but the fire pit looks to small and to low

6. slamjamrockinman

My supplier and the manufacturer reccomended it as well as a few other landscapers to set the pavers in the sand and work the sand into the joints. Seemed like standard procedure but I could be wrong? And it seemed to do a great job..

7. slamjamrockinman

Thats how the customer wanted it. The pit is 36" wide, they only sold one ring that was bigger and the guy wanted plenty of room on the patio.

8. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

you don't run the compactor directly on the pavers, unless you want to f@ck em all up and replace em for free.

9. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 LawnSite Senior Member

I use a compactor every time to set the pavers in the sand.

10. slamjamrockinman

Yes I have heard of people using plywood and what not. It didn't do any damage at all, no scratches or nothing.