FIRST Hardscape Project

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by slamjamrockinman, Oct 25, 2010.

1. dtriv89

dtriv89 LawnSite Member

Same here but I think his point is to use cardboard or something in between the pavers and compactor so you dont damage them.

2. slamjamrockinman

slamjamrockinman LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks man.. To be honest I though hard about not taking this project on because I started it after school had begun. It was a stretch to get it done, but I am so glad i took it. I learned so much and I am hoping to do alot more of these jobs next year.

3. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 LawnSite Senior Member

I run the compactor over then polymeric sand then fill the gaps completely after that.

4. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey no problem.anytime,u earned it.yeah i know how that is.yeah im glad u did too.good for you:weightlifter:.yeah that is real good hardscaping is good.and goodluck to you in the future.

5. slamjamrockinman

slamjamrockinman LawnSite Senior Member

Yup same exact thing I did.

6. Ukisuperstar

Ukisuperstar LawnSite Member

What type of cheap pavers are you using??:confused:

7. Donald A

Donald A LawnSite Member

I always use a compactor on my paving jobs. Never a problem and it levels everything out really nice. Also settles the polymeric sand in the cracks.
    I am not in the business, but have extensive experience with installing pavers.
    OP, looks like you are doing fine. IMHO.

8. MowMoneyDE

MowMoneyDE LawnSite Member
    from DE

Worked for a paver company for awhile. Im no professional at hardscape though. I carried pavers, carted pavers, ran the tamp, broomed the sand even got to lay some pavers. Once the crush was laid and tamped and the sand floated the pavers got put down. Then the polymetric sand was put down and broomed into all the cracks. The tamp with a piece of carpet on the plate was run over all the pavers. 3 apps of sand and 3 times around with the tamp. The walkway or driveway was then swept clean of all excess sand. Completely clean. Then hosed down lightly to wet the sand in the cracks.

Is this correct or not??

9. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

That's how I was taught to do it. Has always worked for me so I'm not gonna change my procedure.

10. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

That's how I do it.