First hit from the economy

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by deltascapes, Feb 20, 2009.

1. deltascapes

deltascapes LawnSite Member

After 12 yrs. of service to a fast food resraurant, I got a LETTER saying they were going with someone else because they were cheaper. Last year i had the area manager give me an excellent report for the year. The manager told me headquarters went over his head and made this decision. THis was a total of 6 restaurants.

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

tht sucks!!!!

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I feel your pain....

I just got dumped by Sierra Homes, Been doing the model for 3 yrs.

because of home sale slump. they got some Cheep lowballers.

I have a feeling I'll be back because she " one of the employees" " not going to say a name" told me they were doing it for 75.00
    we were at 175.00 Per week

Man that was 700.00 per month. NOT a TON...BUT OUCH...

Best of luck

4. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry to hear that

These are hard economic times for all, for some a good excuse to switch service on price point alone. Surly you did not expect the local Manager to risk his own job for you:confused: While he might have questioned upper management's choice, he needs his job too. Saving cash is king in the current economy.

I can only hope our loyal long term commercial customers give us the opportunity to place counter bids if their considering to lower their Lawn & landscape maintenance expense.

We can say lawn maintenance is becoming recession proof ONLY if your able to keep your cost lower than your competition.