First Impression?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by fredski119, Jan 11, 2007.

1. fredski119

fredski119 LawnSite Member

HEY GUYS ITS BEEN AWHILE SINCE IVE BEEN ON LAWNSITE. LAST TIME I WAS ON WAS LAST WINTER. AND I HAVE TO TELL YOU IT HELP MY BUISNESS DOUBLE MY PROFIT THIS PAST SUMMER! THE QUESTION I HAVE IS THAT AM MEETING WITH A CONDO BOARD. THE MANAGEMENT COMPANY IVITING ME TO ATTEND TO. WHAT CAN I EXPECT AT THIS MEETING ARE THERE GOINGTO BE OTHER LANDSCAPING COMPANYS FIGHTING TO GET THIS ACCOUNT OR THE MANAGEMENT PICK ME TO ATTEND TO MEET THE BOARD? I HAVE KNOW IDEA WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN AT THIS MEETING . I HAVE ONE CONDO ACCOUNT ALREADY AND IVE NEVER HAD TO MEET THE BOARD JUST SUBMITING MY BID AND GOT THE ACCOUNT. :confused:

2. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, you have to realize that a condo board is nothing but a group of folks with a common interest. As with any group of people none are the same. Some are cheap, some are control freaks, and some just want someone who is going to do a good job and not take them to the cleaners.

Just go in, be yourself, and do business on your terms. Make sure that you do not want to get the job more than they want to have you do the job.

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Sometimes when we finally do get that break and get past the gatekeeper we are so surprised you just agree to whatever and thank them, then you are in this position. These are all questions you should have asked the person you made the appointment with.

The key is to have thought about most scenarios so you are prepared. It will make a good impression that you have thought things through and have a plan.

You should always have some questions if for no other reason than to continue to build rapport with your contact person. Questions you could ask to be better prepared.

What is the purpose of the meeting?
    Who will be there? How many? (might be nice to bring company literature)
    How long do these meetings usually last?
    How early should I be there, right on time or 5-10 minutes early to mingle. You always want to mingle if possible before and after.
    Do I need to bring anything?
    Will I have the opportunity to ask questions? Again think of questions to ask you be the one thinking ahead.

You don't have to ask all of them but something to let the person know you are thinking ahead. It will also make you better prepared for the meeting and you will be more at ease.

You might call them back and ask some of the questions so you will be prepared.