first install

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by tdf, Sep 26, 2006.

1. tdf

tdf LawnSite Member

I have 2 days until the parade of homes. How can I make this better? Any and all comments welcome.

Thanks, TDF

landscape small.JPG

lot 36 1small.JPG
  2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

we really like the stonewater pic. However we noticed there is some hot spots on the walls.... Not sure if this is your camera or your adjustment on the lighting. Try tilting the lights up a bit and moving them away from the wall a bit if tilting them doesnt help... It will soften the effect a bit.

We also just started using frosted lenses and optical spread lenses and have been thrilled with the outcome so far.

All in all looks really great to us!

Perhaps someone with more multi level experience can shed some light on it but maybe light the upper level somehow... Doesnt look like you have much angle to add a spot light shining up at it. We did this for some small 2nd story bay windows and it worked well at one install
  3. tdf

tdf LawnSite Member

Thanks Billy, I put these two systems in Sat and Sunday by myself and I was really sore the next day. I could barely walk. Hopefully I will get some work from them and be on my way.

Thanks, TDF
  4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

yard signs my friend and make sure you light em!

Get some nice clorplast signs or alluminum signs made up and stick them in the ground (with permission) and place a small light on them (temp the light either jump off a nearby light or something). 1 sign at 20 bucks for us yeilded 2 more jobs nearby. If the owners are thrilled with the lighting it shouldbt be a problem. Especially if you have an event like your parade!

Fast signs can design and make em fast for you but I use a small local shop. Little slower but always superb!

Get a laborer even if its just for the day to help you install.... Make all your own connections and placements but let them do the digging. I have my guys open the trenches or slits first so I can inspect. I also tell them let me know if they hit anything... I wont be mad just let me know so I can fix it
  5. extlights

extlights LawnSite Senior Member

Parades are really good opportunities to gain business. The parade here is in 3 upscale subdivisions and we do 95% of all the parade homes in all the subdivisions. Since a lot of those subdivisions are part of an association, all the builders offer a lighting package (through us) as an upgrade to the home package. Around here, they don't allow signs at the parade homes..(due to the upscale nature), but our information packets are available inside all parade homes along with the other info.

The other advantage of getting into the parade is the potential for getting the subdivision lighting. We've done many enterances along with misc lighting throughout the entire subdivision trees, statues, fountains, and waterfalls. Get one of those and you'll be busy for 3 weeks straight with just that, and that's with a crew of 8.
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

it looks like you will make it big in landscape lights:waving:
  7. tdf

tdf LawnSite Member

Thanks, I hope so. I didn't post this pic yet.