1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

First irrigation job.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PabsMaster, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

For me, it's more the phone call 6 months after the client realises they have a junk system and call me to fix it. Most of the time all the pipes and sprinklers have to be re-done. I also get very disheartened when I do a service call and the systems is just rubbish. I have walked away from some service jobs because they are so bad.

I hate people paying good money for rubbish. If I lose the job to a good contractor I'm not fussed, but when I can see the system is just a pure POS I feel bad for the client when I tell them It basically has to be re-built ad they have to pay their money again.

I have too much work to handle at the moment, so it's not about not having work. People being ripped off sh!ts me to tears and it gives the industry a bad name.

2. holmesgts

holmesgts LawnSite Member

shoot I've been installing systems for twenty years and all I have is a hunting license... woo-hoo

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: Same with up in WA State; a shovel & pick-up truck and the ability to collect State sales tax is all that is required. :hammerhead: