first job of the year!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Hardscaping, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Hardscaping

Hardscaping LawnSite Senior Member

here are some pictures of my first job this year.

Design and build. The berm was put in place to help with noise from a busy street, that wasn't so busy before the new construction of houses and shopping plaza.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  2. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

Interesting, you need some color to hide the dirt pile.

3. Hardscaping

that is mulch on top of there. they didn't want colored mulch wanted natural stuff. they are still planting the whole thing out. they have about half of the one side planted already. just nothing has bloomed yet.

once everything is planted and mulch is finished it will look really nice.

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

why are the boulders not having staggered joint lines???

5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

The pattern has straight joint lines! DUh

6. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

i think the point he was trying to make was that staggered joint lines would hold up better than non-staggered lines.

Aside from that, that is one impressive berm! and I like the stone interspersed in there. I'd love to see what gets planted.

7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I dont get it.

8. Hardscaping

there are some plants put in already. not sure what they are but once everything starts to grow and is finished planting i think it will look really good.

the stager is there just a coupl places it is striaght up lines. it was what we had to work with on the taller section. the stones used in the area in front of the house where picked for the job.

9. Hardscaping

the pictures really do not do this job any good at all. i was actually debating paying someone to take professional pictures of this job. Because i cannot get the right angle. I am going to wait until the sod is layed and everything is finally cleaned up. then i am going to take a boat load of pictures and if i cannot get a good one i will pay someone to professionally take them for me. i want the finished pictures of this job to be part of my advertising.

I would love to be doing this type of thing all the time, along with retaining walls. i would be extactic with joy if that is the only work i got. But unfortuneatly not everyone wants to pay for this type of thing to be done.

10. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

yeah, I'm not really feeling it. The arrangement of the boulders leaves little to be desired. Doesn't look natural. Sorry.