First Job!!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by BLandL, Jul 7, 2006.

1. BLandL

BLandL LawnSite Member

This is my first job as a landscaper. Curious on what to charge. They have eight shrubs they want pulled out and eight more planted in their place. What would u charge for removal of the plants and planting. The shrubs being taken out arent huge by anymeans shouldnt take long to take out maybe 4 by 4 feet. Any help would be appreciated.

2. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

break it up into 2 jobs, removal and installation. And it matters what type of shrub it is. Yews are a pain to pull out. I charge by the hour with theses jobs usually.

3. BLandL

BLandL LawnSite Member

what u charge an hour?

4. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

40/hr/man

5. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes the type of shrubs you are removing is very important in your pricing, some can be much more difficult then others. So charge by the house I get $40/hr/man has snowyleaf had said, plus you have to charge for the dumping fees, and make sure to include a couple of bucks for gas. As for the new plant installation, work with them see if there is anything the like, flowering plants etc, pick out your plants and tack on an additonal 10-15% onto the cost of each plant. ie. a $20.00 plant tack on an additonal $2 onto the final price. Take into mind you havta pick these plants out and spend some time at the garden center. Same goes for the mulch, tack on 10-15% onto all materials. Charge by the hour for the installation. Hope that helps.

Jeff

6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Yes and don't forget you'll need backfill soil and amendment to fill the large holes left when you remove the existing plant material.