first job!!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by creek chub, May 6, 2004.

1. creek chub

creek chub LawnSite Member

I'd like to thank all the guys who answered the many questions I asked help on! With your advice and the awesome info. on this website I have landed my first account. It's a nice church. Not the best laying land but "I have to crawl before I walk". I quoted on the low end of my price range with the ideas of gaining additional business from the congregation and additional jobs like mulching and pruning from the church. Thanks again for all your help and I can't wait til next Thursday get at it.

Creek Chub

2. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

Congratulations, and hope you keep picking up more work

3. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

good for you, and good luck

4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Good luck creek chub!

5. creek chub

Thanks guys! Well my first job has now turned into 4 jobs within a week. All word of mouth. Good, hard work really pays off. Hope it continues!

Creek Chub

6. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

are you a member of this church? i figured that kind of work always went to their congregation. i have a couple of churches here i have been eyein but figured that i wouldnt have much of a chance.

7. creek chub

Eztarget,

No i'm not a member of the church. I just got lucky thru word of mouth. I hope to pick up a few more jobs from the congregation. Don't be afraid to approach potential new businesses like churches. They are awesome advertising pieces for your work. The exposure i get from this one job is tremendous.

Good Luck-Creek Chub

8. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

thanks,
    i am going by there today.

9. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

Good luck and I hope this brings you alot more work in the future.

10. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Well 4 jobs now will turn into a whole lot more then you will ever think! Good luck!!