First lawn of the year!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Swampbeast, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Finally! The first lawn of the year was completed Thursday! Excellent! It felt great to get back out there and work!
    I guess you guys up north are still under snow huh? Yikes. Its a beautiful day today, sunny, shorts and t-shirt weather. This weather things says its 63 degrees, it certaintly feels warmer than that! All the stations around here are saying its 72.

:cool:

2. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

You won't hear about our first lawn up here in Mass until about the 2nd week of April.

I envy you!!!

:blob4:

3. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I have 3 to do if it ever quits raining.

4. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

swampbeast, I was in houston in dec. and the grass was still kind of green then. It is starting to change here everyday it has been getting in the 60's to 70's here in south ms. I cannot wait for it to start growing.payup

5. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

WOW, It sure was nice here today (68 degrees) untill the thunder storms came threw. Anyways,I mowed 3 yesterday and put down fert so hopefully the rain will help a bit but I am ready for spring!

6. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

40 degrees and rain here today, which is SLOWLY melting the 2' of snow that's on the ground..... Had one un-finished fall clean-up due to arrival of snow 2 days before Thanksgiving, and the only days since that the ground was not snow covered was 12/23 and 12/24............

Spring comes soon, doesn't it?

7. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Arg! I cant wait for it to get back to full swing! I have 8 lawns to do Monday, one of my crews is out working right now, they have 4. payup :D
    After this long winter, finally! Some dough!

Yes, Yardman1, the last yard we mowed in the year 2002 was on December 30. But all this January and Febuary its been raining so much that the mowers just sink in the mud. Leaves horrible ruts.

:cool:

8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Please guys don't rub it in! :( Still another month left for us, lots of precipitation right now.

9. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

Bring on the snow, I don't care if it keeps snowing till June. I'll take snow plowing over landscaping anyday