First Lawn

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by turfwrangler, Jul 6, 2006.

1. turfwrangler

turfwrangler LawnSite Member

I am going to talk to my first client on Monday about cutting his lawn. He is a Doctor at one of the local Hospital's. This man owns a 6 acre horse farm and a town house about a mile away. My question is how much should I charge for the horse farm. I understand that if there is a lot of trimming then the price can go up a lot, but a basic price is what I need to start with. I have been told $65 an acre, $1 a min and $45 an hour. Would I be crazy if I charged him $300 a cut?

Thanks
    Lance

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Depends. What is your COB per hour? It doesn't really matter what one of us would charge because that may or may not cover your COB.

Also what equipment do you have? Do you have the proper equipment to get a 6 acre job done properly and efficently and remember most all LCO's start discounting when acres are involved, not going up in price.

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe for florida as I hear prices are lower in the Southern US but in Canada 3 acres does for around $150.

Cheers
    Jeff

4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

just remember to price the property not the customer . what i mean is if an acre around there runs @ 65.00 for an average customer dont mark it up to 85.00 per acre just because he has money .