first major injury

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SchultzLawnCare, Jun 20, 2008.

1. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Well yesterday i was moving toward the front of the trailer and i pushed up on a HOT muffler that has been running constantly for 1.5 hours. I got 1st 2nd and a little bit of 3rd degree burns. It was the most pain ive ever felt in my life. I have "hot" writen on my hand now. Just though i would left everyone know!

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i think this one needs a pic to go with it. i had the same thing happen to me a few years ago, ended up with a 12''x12'' scar on my side.

3. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

ill take a pic next time i change my wrap on my hand...

4. Ford2000

Ford2000 LawnSite Member

I've done it,hurts like hell.

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Oh yea, I have touched a hot muffler before just out of reflex action--Instant intense pain and blisters:cry:

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I will tell you that I feel for you...I dont think anything feels worse then a burn...especially a burn like that. Keep that baby clean...keep the wraps changed. It should heal nicely and with "hot" written in your hand you will look cool!!

7. the angler

the angler LawnSite Member

i had a buddy help me one day when i was behind first thing he did after cutting a huge property was reach out and lean on the mower ...yup put his hand right on the muffler...

8. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

Oh man that has to hurt I feel for ya man.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, I thought you'd cut off a limb like an arm or a leg or something...

Thou I do agree the pain of such a burn is worthy of mention.

10. BZACK

BZACK LawnSite Member

Cant't imagine the level of pain. It hurts when I do something stupid in the kitchen!

Guy I used to work with cut one of his fingers off using Little Wonder hedge trimmers. He drove himself to the ER with his finger in a tissue.

Take care of your wound; infection is always a concern.

Bill