First Month Revenue

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Farmer, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Farmer

Farmer LawnSite Member

Guys if you don't mind me asking, what was your Revenue, for the first month you were in business?

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Not much, maybe 1000-1500?? Don't expect it to happen overnight. You are going to have to learn how to bid, find really good accounts, collect some of the money you earned, etc.

I wouldn't go into this biz unless I had all equipment I needed plus 4 months of living expenses already in the bank.

3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

the figure which you may end up with in yoru first month may be choppy and not as good as what you may have liked. you have to remember that this biz will start rough and some months are better than others.

dont get down on your starting figures, stay plugging away and dont get discouraged.

4. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

$265! . . . and that included the sales tax!

5. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

10 k May 2003 had 1200 in lawn cuts 2000 in clean ups rest was planting work oh and a sweet 1500 one day brush job.

6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds pretty close to mine! I don't remember, but it wasn't much.

:D

7. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc LawnSite Member

I had billed out almost 10K. But, most money in hand from those invoices wasn't seen until next month:drinkup:

8. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I think around $160 :eek:

But then I have learned as time went on. The important thing is not where you start in life, but where you end up, and your memories along the way. Keep growing, that's what's important.

If you start with just one penny the first month, but double your income every month for 2 and a half years, you're now talking over $10,000,000 a month!!!!!!!!payup

not that it is going to happen, but you get the idea.
    You just have to get that nice little snowball made, and then let it roll down the hill, collecting all the money as it goes!!!

9. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I made 60 dollars my first month

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I don't remember that 1st month. Maybe by choice. haha

Probably a couple thousand in total revenue.