First Mower - Any preferences?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TheTurfTender, Feb 25, 2008.

1. TheTurfTender

TheTurfTender LawnSite Member
    from Mn

I am either going:

Cub Cadet Enforcer 48" or Toro Z Master 48-52"

Are there blaring differences? There are 2 Cadet dealers close to me to 1 Toro.

Let me know what one you would choose.

2. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro is the more popular dealer in my area,so thats why i would go with them.don't have any experience with Cub Cadet

3. LawnPro Hsv.

LawnPro Hsv. LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

john deere is the only way to go. i have a GT 245 (tractor style) and a 717-A zero turn............but that is just my opinion. i bleed yellow and green. my only regret about the zero turn is that i didn't buy it sooner.

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

It really comes down to dealer support IMO. What kind of prices are you getting for either machine?

5. TheTurfTender

from Mn

I don't know about prices yet, they are having some sale next month. I am pretty sure both are in the $5500 range.

6. Raven386

from CT

have you demoed either machine?

7. TheTurfTender

from Mn

I have never even driven a ZTR.....

8. Raven386

from CT

you need to demo the machines to really find out which you like better. i have heard good and bad about both machines. but thats the same thing with every machine on the market, theres no perfect mower, its all opinions. so if you can go to your local dealers and ask about demoing the units.