first mower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hnter3030, Oct 16, 2007.

1. hnter3030

hnter3030 LawnSite Member

ok so what do you guys think for a good first season ... kind of an "all around" mower? I have been looking at the walk behinds, the stander types, and a few differnt ZTR's ... im really torn between the Toro walk behind and the wright stander ... what do some of you guys think???

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Like most would say I think, consider the type of property you are going for, ie; acres, hills, fences and such. If there are fences make sure your mower will fit in the gate.
    I have a 48" lazer z but all of my yards are 1 acre and up and only 2 have any sort of fence, double gates. Ifmoney is a factor I believe I would look closely at a walkbehind with a sulky. my .02

3. hnter3030

thanks man ... i will have quite a mix of yards ... big, small, trees, and hills .. so thats why i need a bit of what i would call "all around mower" i know there is no perfect all around mower or everyone would have one ... just want some opinions ... thanks sweet tart for the reply ... much apriciated

4. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

A 36" walkbehind with a stand on is about as versitile as a mower gets.

5. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

get like a 48" walkbehind or a 52" walkbehind. i can do anywhere from 3 acres to 1/4 of an acre.

6. hnter3030

7. hnter3030

8. hnter3030