First mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J.Henderson, Apr 28, 2002.

1. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

I do not know if if this is the right place or not, but this is my son's first mower. He wanted one just like dad's. You ought to see the stripes on the carpet :D Can you guess what kind dad has? Not bad for a six year old.

2. J.Henderson

and one more

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

That is pretty kool! ;)
  4. J.Henderson

yeh, he wants to help whenever I go out and do a job. He even helped put my striping kit on last week. another 7 years and he'll be ready for the family business. Here's a picture of him andhis brother. Jordon is the one on the left. He is the mechanical one while Austin loves mental school work and such.

5. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member

That's GREAT!! Pretty smart kid you got here! I could have never made that.
  6. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I use to do the same thoing when i was a kid. For Christmas one year my bro and i got a lot of Legos and we built like everything. I got bored one day in the summer and i made a whole landscaping fleet. Keep it up! ;)
  7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Cool! Maybe sometime if I have alot of time (yea like when?) I'll get out my big box of Legos and do that stuff. I haven't done that for a long time, since before I was into lawn mowing stuff. Oh yea, that's where all my time went :D now I don't fish either because the whole time i'm out fishing, i'm thinking of things I could be doing instead. so I don't do that either now :rolleyes:
  8. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

My son has been around this since he was 6 months old. He used to ride with me at my parents house,and our own home,when I would mow. He's going on 13 now and is top notch when he works with me during the summer months. When I have a blower or weed-eater that is not running right he can nail the problem on the head. And fix it,if I let him. What a son!!
    I hope yours turns out like mine. :D
  9. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

ok, I did it too! This evening I made a 2002 Dixie Chopper XXWD(2500?) it's got the 50hp Yanmar diesel and 72" deck. Suburban Turbin, Lego style! Then I made a 36" Exmark Metro with a Pro-Slide (actually flips up!) and then I made a 52" Exmark Turf Ranger front mower (3 wheeler). It has realistic handlebars but you can't see them because this is a real crappy cheap digital camera. Soon I think I will also make a Toro Groundsmaster and a Ferris IS ZTR mower and maybe a Hustler Rangewing or Hillsider or something like that, with Legos. Then I'll have a fairly complete set (all different kinds of mowers) Oh yea, and maybe a trimmer and blower and edger ;) :D
    I'm 15 yo. and this Lego stuff has kinda brought out the little kid in me!
    Dennis E., have your son email me please maybe we can correspond. We seem similar. I love to mow and repair/invent/fabricate stuff all the time. My email is at the bottom. Thanks.
  10. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Forgot the pictures
    Shows the Ranger and DC