First mowing of the year went well!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tyaroch, May 1, 2008.

1. tyaroch

tyaroch LawnSite Member
    from MI

Finally, I was able to put my JD 777 to the test. I stripes really well. I was worried about that a lot. When I demoed it last fall, the grass was pretty much done growing and I was not sure if it striped well. It seems to mow fast and the 72" deck cuts quite a swath. When cutting 4-5" off of very, very lush, grass I had to slow down quite a bit, but the cut was clean and I did not have to second cut it. I did not have any scalping except when I was cutting the ditch bank. The downhilll side cut lower than the next pass. Maybe I can change my line of attack. Overall, It was fun and worked well. I think I need to take it to the dealer and get the carb adjusted. It almost stalls when I turn the deck on and it backfires when I shut it off. Hopefully they can fix it.

2. mjlcare

mjlcare LawnSite Member

the jd do that i used 727 i believe for a couple of months for a company and put about 100 hrs on it and the first 50 or so would just backfire, dont know why i would start maybe turning it off with out put the throttle down all the way it worked for me, or let it idle for a few min and then shut it off.

3. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

the first 2 mows are the easy ones , let it green up and fill in then let me know how the mower cut:weightlifter: