First mulch job (pics)

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by wvaughn7, Aug 28, 2010.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

i dunno how he made any money if this included the price of mulch as well, around here the cheapest mulch i can get is like 25 a yard 25x11=$275 for product. he charged $360 for the entire job, thats like $85 bucks to install it all????

2. THEGOLDPRO

yea we charge 75per yard installed that included edging,weeding, and laying the product. than whatever the cost of mulch is on top of that.

3. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

i get mine for $18. Makes sense. I charge extra for edging and prep. So it is probably close.

4. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Good job.nice work.

5. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

ho lee .............

6. corey4671

mods. we need a new smiley. one with the facepalm and shaking his head in disbelief.

7. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I guess thats just how some guys operate. Doesn't make sense to me either:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::dizzy:

8. THEGOLDPRO

i actually work on a sliding scale kinda, i charge 65-75 per yard depending on how much prep is needed, if there is very little weeding and edging i will charge 65 per yard if there is alot of prep i charge 75, all depends how i feel that day really.

9. corey4671

yeah I mean profit is overrated. think about the great write off this will be at the end of the season. All cost and no profit...no taxes...oh wait....nevermind

10. wvaughn7

wvaughn7 LawnSite Member

Ok guys I just cannot justify charging someone 75 dollars a yard to put mulch down. At the price we quoted my brother and I made 15 dollars an hour. Yes I did it too cheap, but I am only going to charge 50 installed now. You have to think this was only putting in the mulch, not edging or anything else.