First new client of the year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Precision, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I got my first new client yesterday. She saw me working on Friday and asked me to give an estimate on Saturday morning.

1.2 Acres $190 per month mow and fert and a $1100 clean up. Mostly removing some new growth pines from a corner of her lot. And the kicker is she is 400 yards from another client's house.

Guess I need to get my advertising in gear sooner than I thought.

2. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I here ya .... picking up work this time of year is gold ... we just got an HOA next to one been doing fore years ... each spring they kept asking fore an estimate ... finally after going thru 5 LCO's in 4 years they bit the bullet n sign 1st of Feb

3. Precision

Congrats Steve.

Nothing like proof of your good job next door to eventually get them to see the benefit of accepting your price. Do you do Cooperfields over on Crockett Blvd in MI?

That account energized my whole week especially since it was unsolicited.

Are you doing mostly on MI or in Cocoa Beach with your HOA's?

4. Fantasy Lawns

Copperfield is done by Southern Greens ..... I've bid on it but SG is generally 20-30% less as such a large operation gives em scales of economy ... although Copperfield is dinky anyways but in the heart of my area which is mostly MI, Commercial or River only in Rockledge-Cocoa n on Cocoa beach 520 south to 4th st on the Beach .... although I just picked up a big Complex in Cape Canaveral in Dec which will force me go advo Commercial work in the Area .... I've passed on the Cape several times (50 page contract, OSHA n badgin for security .... I think SG still does it but Nicks may have it also as they have Patrick AFB)

5. Precision

the big one you just got on cape canaveral is it the United Space Alliance complex.

Just wondering?

Nicks. I worked for that guy for 2 days when I was 16. Seems like a huge operation. 2 street sweepers and everything. Glad I don't have to do Patrick. I couldn't imagine the headache that must have been in the beginning.

6. Fantasy Lawns

No it's not the USA complex although I know the head of security there very well .... that goes with the Cape Bid lots of hoops to jump thru .... it is one of the Rockwell Complex's just not the main one (which I'd luv to work on)

I know the palm guy at Nicks it takes 2 full time guys 7 MONTHS to trim all the palms .... it's around 10,000 palms .... but hey its a 7 fiqure contract n not his only AFB he does one in NC n another state like Tenn

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I hope the fert isn't included in that $190 a month price???

8. Precision

Just some NPK and not on the whole 1.2 acres Just in the "pretty" area out front. maybe .3 acres. No ornamentals fert or trimming and no weed control.

9. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

$47.50 per wk to mow 1.2 acres sounds low to me. I cut 1/4 acre lots for $30.00 all day here. Am I missing something?

-Paul

10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

The fact that it was bid at $190 a month not $47.50 a week.