first new customer from 1000 flyers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, May 17, 2001.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have put out over 1000 over the past few weeks.Yesterday I got a call saying they want an estimate on there lawn.I ask how did they hear about me.They said from the flyer I had taped to there mailbox.I had a smile from ear to ear because it the first call I have ever had from a flyer.I gave them 2 bids.1 for per cut and another per month.They she said for now alls I want is 1 cut till I talk to my husband.At this time I still have not cut this lawn nore did she know what kind of work I did..I went there today to give her,her 1 cut.As I was finishing up she came home..After I got done I knocked on the door and asked her to walk around the lawn with me to see how I did..She liked it a lot..
    She called her husband the night before(out if town)and he said to go ahead and hire me for the monthly deal.And again inside my head I had a smile from ear to ear.My motivation has just been boosted by 100%
    :D Whooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

:blob3:

2. racerdave

racerdave LawnSite Senior Member

congratulations are in order for you!:)
    I will pray that this is the first of many new clients you will receive.

3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Way to go!

It was a nice touch taking the walk around the lot with the customer.

You closed the sale!

4. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks guys ^^^^^bump^^^^^

5. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

FLYERS WORK I have put out around 250 and had 3 calls got all 3 and they are very happy with my service and are going to recomend me to frinds. I am going out in the am to put more flyers out ther. Be carfull about putting flyers in or even on a mail box could be a Fed offence. I place them at the front door. Good Luck.

6. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Way to go, Chad! Glad to hear that you're picking up more customers! I think I'm going to try the doorhangers soon. I'll let ya know how they work.

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I had heard that a 1 percent response to advertising was about the norm. I found this to be pretty darn close.
    I put out just under 700 flyers and received 8 calls. Got 5 seasonal accounts, 2 single side jobs (hedge trimming), and a one time cut (which later backed out 'cause they bought a mower!).
    So that's almost 100% close on calls. Not bad.
    Got another 300 or so flyers to put out yet (hate doing it though). Hopefully get another 3 (or more) jobs from them!.

I credit the great information that I've received here on Lawnsite.com with helping me close those deals! Thanks Lanwsite and it's contributors!

8. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

I get a little better results when I place the
    price right on the flyer. I just leave a slot like
    this... Lawn Maintenance $______ per visit
    You might also want to add a slot for edging, that
    way you can add a couple of bucks to the stop. For
    me,almost everyone wants it!

9. lawngirlfl

lawngirlfl LawnSite Member

with our lack of rain in this part of florida that is great. In a month or so when it really starts to rain do it again and it should produce many more new customers. Probably more than you can handle

10. I guess i'm greatfull my father has a good photocopy machine because I get most of my work from flyers ,word of mouth, or my father

I don't see the need for some of the yellow page ads that range from $1,500 to 15,000 per a year and they compeat with almost 100 or so just in the lawn mantanence section

flyers, word of mouth referal will get you the best qualty client your going to get most yellow page ad caller are going to be price shoppers you don't need to waist you valueable time with

if you have a truck put signs on the side or on the side of your trailer

flyers will get you a better closing sale rate almost 75% for me
    when I have time do put them out or even serve them

lots of luck dude the LAWNGODFATHER