First Night Time Pics With My New Camera

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by JoeyD, Sep 18, 2008.

1. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

So I haven't got it quite dialed in, and I forgot my tripod so I had to find hard surfaces to set the camera on to shoot the photos. I will be playing with the Shutter speed some more to not allow so many hot spots but I think they came out alright.

This job was designed and Installed by a good friend and customer Kyle Finley of Silver Moon Lighting here in San Diego. This job is enormous and has some of the trickest lighting I have seen as of late. He did not take the easy way out and even created a new light that we will be considering selling from now on. He actually combined a Envoy and Saturn to develop an new patio light that directs light back up into the ceiling.....GENIUS!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Garyl53

Garyl53 LawnSite Member

Spectacular!

3. SamIV

SamIV LawnSite Senior Member

Nice job and much better photos. I am assuming this is not a point and shoot.

Burt Wilson
    Accent Outdoor Lighting

4. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

I had set the camera on manual setting and had my good friend Paul help me with getting it set up. I will look at my camera display and figure out what all the settings were. But it was not jsut set on Night Time Scene, point and shoot.

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

WOW... looks like the only thing missing is the hot barely clothed girls in the pool!

6. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice pics Joey. I like the idea of what he did with the saturns, very cool, just not sure I like it with that fixture. I would probably custom make something that didn't just look like an upside down path light. Great innovation though. Those pics make me miss those nice balmy San Diego nights. Thanks

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Fantatsic looking Joey! He did a very good job.

8. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Tell him congrats from us and invite him to this forum. Looks like he could be a source of valuable info, and share with us.

9. pihta

pihta LawnSite Member

Very, very impressive! Contratz to Kyle.

Is this job is only around pool or there is more around the territory? How many sq.f job has and how many ligths?

This up-side-down Saturns I think will collect dust. not good, but funny.

10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey...how is business there in Russia? I heard the stock market there has lost 54% of it's value since May 19 and that there is a banking crisis there too... so are your clients effected?