First night with my LED

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by RLI Electric, Mar 5, 2010.

1. RLI Electric

RLI Electric LawnSite Senior Member

I had to do it. I was so intrigued with the LED lamps that James talks about that I got some and put them in my fixtures. I am excited to say they looked great. I installed 3000K 45 degree beam spread at 6watts and they looked exceptionally nice. Comparative to the 20watt BAB by (well whatever lamp that the fixture company provided). It was tough to buy a lamp so expensive and cutting edge but I figured that I can't sell something if I haven't tried it. I will be sure to let everyone (and James too) know of my thoughts on it. As for right now I give it a thumbs up.

2. sal rodriguez

sal rodriguez LawnSite Member

3. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Sal. There are literally thousands of LED lamp re-sellers out there... Doesn't mean that their products have been designed and engineered with outdoor lighting applications in mind. I looked at the 'specifications' of a few of those lamps there; pretty lame if you delve into them.

Of course you can go around and purchase samples from all of these various sources, if that is what you are into. I have already done this, and have over 120 different LED MR16 lamps here at my shop. It was this process that convinced me to start from the bottom and re-think these things.

4. sal rodriguez

sal rodriguez LawnSite Member

I don't depend upon specifications from the seller to determine the use or value of a product. The way to verify is to test on one's own. To offer these things commercially and to sell blindly on un verified recommendation can be both expensive and foolish.

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Good Point Sal. So instead you should review the photometrics and spectra analysis data that independent labs have prepared on the LED products you purchase. IES analysis if you can find that, or pay to have this information processed yourself!

I have done this and make it freely available. It would be wonderful if more LED companies did the same thing.

Your eye might be pretty good, but it is not nearly as accurate as a calibrated spectra analysis instrument.

6. dglights

dglights LawnSite Member

James, quick question regarding INTEGRA LED MR16 lamp
    On the spec is this the Tj for LED? Thanks

T Junction Temperature /ambient temp at 21 C / 29 Min 33 Typical 35 Max Celsius

7. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Yes Sir, you read that right.

8. dglights

dglights LawnSite Member

Open air or installed in fixture? Thanks again

9. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Sherman... I emailed you about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back yet.... need current prices and availability... catalog if available.

Thanks.

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

That temp is measured while outside of the fixture. When I install it in a Cooper Lumiere 203 Bullet and operate continuous for 100 Hours we get a junction temp ranging between 44 and 48 degrees celcius. A bit warmer for sure but nowhere near the junction temps of the other lamps.

Sherman, have you ever pursued ULc or cETL listings for your line, so I can use it here in Canada?