First Paver Job

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by ACutAbovesiny, Aug 30, 2006.

1. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

We removed 15 yards of debris to install 2000 sqft of pavers.

2. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

If you don't mind me asking what did you get?

3. ACutAbovesiny

This was my partners back yard. We did get prices though before we started. They ranged from $25,000-$32,000. That didn't incled materials or the drainage we put in.

4. ACutAbovesiny

I bet if any of those other guys new that the patio was so thick and reinforced their prices would have been even higher.

5. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Not nearly enough!

Chris

6. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

In what ways? Around here a lot use 4" for base, personally I like 6" and its all dependent on what you are digging in. Then your 1" bed of sand. Then your pavers.

Look into an ICPI class.........that will be the last time you use stone dust. Your process and result look okay but you do need to change the material. No more stone dust, ever! That patio will be failing soon. Use sub-base or 21A or CR16 or whatever it's called in your area.

Just get your base correct and you'll be set.

7. ACutAbovesiny

I was saying that the price would have been higher because the concrete that we removed was thick and heavily reenforced. There were parts that were 12' thick.

8. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

been there done that.........don't you just love those jobs? haha:hammerhead:

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

That site should have been excavated 8-10" down, and no dust should have been used. With our winters that will be settling very shortly and you will have a nice wave look to it for sure.