First Paver Walkway-PICS

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, May 19, 2009.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Okay, lemme have it. I think it looks nice. This is my first walk with pavers.

pavers 001.jpg

pavers 002.jpg

pavers 003.jpg

pavers 004.jpg

pavers 005.jpg

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

whats up with the expansion joints in that thing?

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

thats just how i made the turn.

4. Dountman

Dountman LawnSite Member
    from MA

Is this at your house or did someone pay you to do this?

5. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

With a random running bond pattern in a walkway what makes a walk beautiful is when random running bond flows freely with the walk.

Not tryin to high jack your thread, Jus' trying to help you improve. See pics below for future reference, and YES...every single paver is mitered to conform to the turns. We do NOT leave spaces and fill them with sand. :) :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  6. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

in those pics wouldn't almost every single paver have to be either cut or preformed as a curve?

My problem with doing that or putting all of them straight and putting in a ton of corner pieces with this one was not having enough block. The block was already there just laid in the ground. I know the person and did it for a couple hundred over cost just to see how they were to work with. I pretty much just do flag.

7. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

8. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

how do you get them to touch with the ridge interlock thing's on the sides that space them automatically?

9. GMTA

GMTA LawnSite Member

Your not understanding what DVS is referring to when he says, " We do NOT leave spaces and fill them with sand". He said he cuts everyone to make the curve...not just laying them in with 1/2" gaps to create a no-cut running bond curve and then just filling the gaps with sand. Of course he uses interlocking sand when finished!

Also it does look odd with those cuts, especially on the inside course where you have slivers. If he didn't have enough you go buy MORE!

10. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

I'm totally speachless!