First pics...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by dvgross, Aug 26, 2010.

1. TurboMazda

TurboMazda LawnSite Member

Good job.........................:clapping:

2. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice,looks really good.

3. dvgross

dvgross LawnSite Member

Isn't it ironic that the day after I post my first pictures of my stripes, and striping kit, that the darn thing breaks off midday. Oh well.

The last picture is a little dark , but wanted to show some stripes from the 21" with the same kit. I use a Deere JX 75. Its been alright, but would love to upgrade to something more commercial. Take care.

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

4. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice.

5. 05 superduty

05 superduty LawnSite Member

Nice lines

6. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I live in the north where the grass stripes pretty easy. Nice lush lawns stripe real dark and nice but I have never seen a 21 inch mower stripe like that. That is sweet. What did the stripe kit cost for the 21?

7. dvgross

dvgross LawnSite Member

I think I paid a couple hundred, like I said a little pricey, but worth it to me. There is a guy in this forum somewhere that built one exactly like it for a lot cheaper. Do a search.

8. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I saw the one made with boat rollers....looked pretty cool. We dont do enough push mowing for the small rollers but maybe if I made them myself I might do it.

9. Graveslawncare

Graveslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Just a suggestion, not sure what you used when you drilled the first set of holes, but try using a step bit. And while you're drilling, keep it cool and lubed with some household oil. Works real easy, that's what I use when I drill holes in my trailer for mounting racks and stuff. Stripes look good, man. What kind of grass you mowing out there?

10. dvgross

dvgross LawnSite Member

Always love advice, thanks. When you say household oils, can you tell me what works the best? Most lawns in Colorado are Kentucky Blue. Thanks again.