First Pond Instal

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Allen@hilltop, May 15, 2005.

1. Allen@hilltop

Allen@hilltop LawnSite Member

I wanted to post a photo of my first pond install and get some opinions on how you think I did.

2. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

Good Job:

I am curious about this. I know you said this was your first pond. How did you learn this, how long did it take you to learn, how long did this take to complete, how many helpers did you have and what was your profit. Im to am interested in pond building. Thanks
  3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

1st pond? beautiful job!
    how long did that take to build? :D
  4. fishinman22487

fishinman22487 LawnSite Member

Looks great for first install. Do you have shelves in the pond? I work for a watergarden/pondless waterfall contractor in Jacksonville. Have you heard of Waterwood Gardens(Ponds by design)? Also does anybody know a program of how to resize pictures? Some of pics of ponds I have are to large for lawnsite.
  5. Allen@hilltop

Allen@hilltop LawnSite Member

This install was at my no profit. I was really just looking to get some practice and see how long it took me. I took one of the Aquascapes Build a pond classes. This pond has several shelves and at one end there is the "beach" so the dogs can walk up and drink. I had a total of 16 hours in the digging. The ground was hard as a brick. Most of the hours were mine and my Dads one day. The next day my 2 guys helped. Here is a photo of the pond during digging.

6. fishinman22487

fishinman22487 LawnSite Member

Awesome, so are you planning on going further with watergardens as one of your services? I see in the background you got a transit too, very useful tool with getting the water level accurate. Are planning on putting some koi in the pond? The guy I work for in jax is one of the top 18th contractor in the U.S., he has a lot of wealthy pond owners.