First Pond install at my house

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by mowerman111, May 21, 2005.

1. mowerman111

mowerman111 LawnSite Senior Member

Here are some pics. of my first pond install. it is a Savio pond kit. the pond it self is 14x14 two feet deep. the stream is about 12 ft long. we are still working on the landscaping around it.

pond0001.jpg

pond0002.jpg

pond0003.jpg

pond0004.jpg

2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Boy, that looks nice...being from NM its nice to see some water used for landscaping...keep up the good work... :)

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Very cool,mabey some old occotillo stumps or trunks around interplanted w/native stuff and some rock thats from around that area incorporated in and around the pond will bring a more natural look to it,if thats what your after.And some taller plants planted below the wall there so you cant see it so much,not that the wall is ugly,but it takes away from the look of the pond.I think you have a great beggining to build upon there,looks good!

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

That looks like it's going to be awesome when it's done.

5. mowerman111

Thanks, I'm going to move the wall out several feet. to give us more room to sit by the pond, our deck is only a few ft. away so we sit on it all the time. I just bought a large square rock to put by it that we can sit on. This has been a on going project since we moved in August of last year. This last sunday I tore out the stream bed and made it shallower it improved the looks and the sound of it 100 %. I will post some before and after pictures in the landscaping section.

6. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Post some pics of your equipment, your trailer looks pretty cool..

7. mowerman111

I will, I need to get a digital camera so I wont have to wait on wal-mart to develop my pictures.

8. mowerman111

Every body in the neighborhood enjoys our pond almost as much as we do.

100_0319.jpg

100_0318.jpg

100_0316.jpg

9. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

Looks great!! Seems like you and your neighbors will get years of enjoyment from it.

10. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

It looks o so much better now.Good job I am ssure you and your neighbors will get years of pleasure from it.