First pond

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by chesterlawn, Dec 22, 2011.

1. SSmith

SSmith Banned

Now all you need to do is pressure wash that deck!

Looks great. Well done.

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Looks like the liner pull out and there is a rock in the pond near the edge of the liner or is that just an illusion.

3. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

That's not the liner, it's a screen I put over a lilly I have growing in a pot. Kind of messy but it's just temporary.

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

It looks nice to me. Be nice to see some once you have finished with the plants

5. chesterlawn

Figure since this section is a little slow i'll put up some other pics. I added a top to the pond, and a pic of a shed I built, not a kit.

P8260078.JPG

P8260081.JPG

P8260053.JPG

6. chesterlawn

These were taken yesterday, the trumpet vine bloomed again just over the pond.

7. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking Good!

8. chesterlawn

Just one more to show what a difference just a small pond can make. Before we didn't use the deck much, now morning coffee, get done work we hang out there and listen to music, we have a stereo in the shed. Friends and family comment how nice it is to sit out there. I know there are bigger and better, but this works just fine. And a pic of trouble makers.

P8270111.JPG

P8270105.JPG

9. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks real cozy. Are those turkey hens?

10. chesterlawn

I think one is a tom. My dog was sleeping on the deck and one turkey came up to her, put down it's wings and the tail feathers fanned out and up. Hoping one is a tom, they seem to make good pets and man are they fast runners. The chickens and turkeys pal around all day together, and like clockwork they go back to roost around 7pm.