1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

First Pondless I did a few years ago

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by FNCPonds, Jun 10, 2008.

1. FNCPonds

FNCPonds LawnSite Member

This was one of the first big jobs I did a few years ago.
    It was 25' Waterfall/Stream that fell into a pondless system for one of my first i really thought it turned out nice. This was the one that wanted me to start doing water features only.

Thanks for your Reply's

Memaw water featuer 009.jpg

Memaw water featuer 013.jpg
  2. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

boy, that is beautiful. Would love to learn how to do that.
  3. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

Wow I would love to have that in my yard nice work.
  4. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

Hey FNC, that looks good. I really like how you used the smaller river rock and only accent rocks. Much better than the normal look. I thought you just got started last summer with your very first feature?
  5. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

How much dose something like that cost?
  6. FNCPonds

FNCPonds LawnSite Member

This was a job i just did for my granny out in east texas to learn how to build waterfalls. So did not charge them for anything. I wanted to make it look a little different with the gravel around the edges rather then all the rock.

I think i spent around $600 for all the mateials.
  7. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

There is nothing worse than a pearl necklace around a pond or stream. The smaller rock you used makes a much better transition. Just tuck some small aquatics or terrestrial plants tight along the edges in a few places to really give it a natural look.
  8. genesgreen

genesgreen LawnSite Member

Hey Cole looks great but what kind of pump you got running on that thing and how often do you got to refill the water? When I do ponds with waterfalls and what not I find the water evaporates so darn fast.
  9. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

a very nice job hope you put the pictures in your portfolio.