First post and a few questions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tnpete, Jun 27, 2005.

1. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Hello been reading for a few days.
    Been looking at ZT mowers. So far demoed the Kubota ZD-21, Gravely 260Z, EXmark And today the Farris 4500Z with the Gas motor. Thursday the dealer will be bringing out a 4500Z 61" with the cat diesel to let me try out here. :blob3:
    So far the 4500Z is way ahead because our yard is hills and rough. 4 aces here and 20 along the Tn river. About 7 of that to mow.
    So getting to my point. With a bad back, rough yard and hills. What mower?
    Also thinking about the 5000Z with 72" deck.
    Anyone using rear discharge decks?
    As of now I use a Kubota M-4700 with a 7 ft woods mower. And a John Deere LX172 takes way to long each week to cut all the grass. So looking for a good ZT to cut down on mowing time.
    Also Like the ideal of diesel as about everything I have is diesel and have off road fuel now for it.

Thanks in advance

Pete

2. spin2098

spin2098 LawnSite Member

I have two zd21's and I like them a lot. I also demoed the gravely and liked that. My buddys company has gravely's and they like them but they just got a new zd21 for get his $5,000 with only 50hrs on it. They like it much better than the gravely and say that is a much smoother ride.

3. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Thanks and I'm still looking at the Zd-21 also. But will know more after the Farris 4500 demo on our yard today. :blob3:
    Only concern with the ZD-21 is pulling the hills here. The gravely 260Z 28 hp pulled them.But you could tell the motor was working.
    The JD 575 was way 2 light on the front. And did not ride as good as the Kubota, Gravely, And not even close to the Farris.
    Pete