First Rambit use.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jcom, May 20, 2006.

1. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

After changing numerous manifolds and fittings because of lack of connection possibilities, I decided to look into the Rambit. I learned about it here.

What a fantastic little tool. It will save me countless hours every year as we replumb from the "closest" fitting instead of changing the whole shebang

John:usflag:

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Good to hear the review from someone that actually used it. Thanks. :clapping:

3. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

I also have used rambits. Good tool except for the actual cutting disc turning on the shaft. Once it loses its key position ya just hafta tighten the nut as far as possible and use it best ya can.

I have used it on numerous occasions but have found that a thick bodied glue works well on it to seal a new connections as the rambit leaves a rough fitting.

Someone needs to produce a cast version like a woodworkers forstner bit.

4. sleeton

sleeton LawnSite Member

can u give me a website to rambit as i am not familiar with this and its applications

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

6. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmm... your "cheap pool products" link didn't show a 1" rambit, Wet Boots. Nevertheless, you can get them from other places.

But man oh man they sure want a pretty good penny for these things, don't they!

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If you google "rambit pvc" (without the quotes) a number of sites will show up. That one had them right up top.

8. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I just bought one from the first place I found on the internet under "rambit tool" search... how long should I expect it to last? I paid $32 I think