1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

First Real Project

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.lawnsite.com/buttons/jump.php?i' started by Ssouth, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Here's a pic of my first real welding project. It's a vertical BBQ smoker. It is 6' tall, 30" wide, and 20" deep. It has a fire box that is 20" square. The pics aren't close ups because they were taken at a cook-off. Will try to get close ups soon. First pic is of the inside. Second pic the smoker is in the background.

2. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Second pic: Smoker is in background.

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice. We built one on a small trailer. Includes a skewer that can be rotated using either 110 or 12 volt power. I will try to grab some pics the next time we use it.
  4. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

Very small weld project. A line spool holder. Spring tension keeps the spool from unrolling. Another spring holds the end of the line until you need to pull more off the spool. This system works great and cost less than those bought on the web.

This was the first project that I have done. Not much but it is a beginning!:)

line holder 3.jpg
  5. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

Another angle. :D May be a little dark.

line holder 1.jpg
  6. Ssouth, can you post some more pics please, been wanting to build my own.

A buddy took a brinkman and added propane burners to the fire box, I am thinking similar, but I want to make from scratch.
  7. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i have been throwing this idea around my head too, i was thinking of making a 3 fuel one, propane, charcoal and wood, also thought about setting it in stone in my back garden, might be kinda cool!!:blob2:

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

what are u smoking in there looks good kinda hungry
    any good recipes for deer jerky?
  9. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

A must add to that smoker is a 5" X 24" exhaust stack from a tractor trailer for the cooking fumes to come out of...if you can afford it make duals comming off the top !:angel: