First Residential Quote

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by RChris57, Apr 9, 2006.

1. RChris57

RChris57 LawnSite Member

Hi all...
    I have been lurking on this site for several months. My husband and I bought a small landscaping company last november. With the purchase came 6 commercial contracts (pharmacy stores, airport rental parking lot). We have just been getting our feel of the business, and not trying to branch out.

My husband has a full time job, so it is me, my daughter and another male.
    We have a chance to bid on a residential job. House on 1 3/4 acres. Cut, edge, blow. Straightforward easy layout. Only thing different is there is a pool, fenced in, with grass and shrubs inside the fence. Not a lot of grass inside pool area, but still needs to be mowed with a 21". Will be using a Z turn 44" for everything else.

Not bidding on any hedgework or pruning...yet.

I am south of Atlanta GA. We have a price figured out...but want to see what others would bid in this situation. I'd tell ya my price, but I don't want to influence....(or get laughed at?)

Thanks for any advice...this forum is a wealth of information, and I appreciate all the input!
    Ronda

2. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Not seeing the property and going on blind faith I'd give a very rough guess at :drinkup: $100.00/cut.

3. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

About $75-80 around here for us but if they got 12 bids im sure 6 would be 50-60 range