1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

First retaining wall

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by MFNA, Mar 4, 2011.

1. MFNA

MFNA LawnSite Member

I have done multiple patios in the past starting with my Eagle project. About to due my first retaining wall for another good friend of mine who wants one and is letting me get experience. I want the job to come out as best as possible. Please tell me any tips. DO YOU MORTAR THE STONE TOGETHER? WHAT ABOUT COPING STONE AT THE TOP? MORTAR OR WHAT BETWEEN JOINTS?

2. OSdb

OSdb LawnSite Member

So its a stone retaining wall? May need a little more info.

3. MFNA

MFNA LawnSite Member

its a stone retaining wall but made of bricks not natural stone

4. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

wait, what...stone retaining wall made of brick?

5. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Im sry MFNA....

:laugh::laugh::laugh:hahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhaaaaahahhhahahhahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahhahhahahahahhahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhhhhhhhhaaaaa:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ok Lets get the dealtails
    What do you need for a batter??????? what is it retain??? what is the scale on block????????? need to help us so we can try to help you.

6. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Sry i was a AS$

7. Krumm

Krumm LawnSite Member
    from CR, IA

you left out a lot of information. how tall is the wall going to be? what style of block? is this going to be some little planter box or hold up a driveway?