First season with Z-Sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by qps, Nov 2, 2005.

1. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

well the season is winding up, and after using the z-max all season heres my thoughts. You will wear out from standing on it all day and it keeps going, no pump problems, no mech. problems...a few broken nozzles and foot switchs, not the best thing on a hill, sometimes you feel like you need three hands to operate it, but in short a super piece of equipment to have and can make a lot of money if used to it's potential. I haven't put 2 hrs on my old permagreen unit since I bought it.:)

2. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from southeast PA

I also have had some problems with the foot switch lately. Haven't had time to investigate yet. What are your findings?

This is the only problem I have had in my first year also. Great machine!

3. qps

from Indy

Broken two switch's...fix is to mount the nut on top of the plate to give it more ground clearance. the last one just quit working and they replaced it with a new type, so far so good.

4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

qps. How many hours do you have on your Z-spray. What size lawns do you normally do. Is the Z-spray faster than your Permagreen on smaller lawns?

5. qps

from Indy

Almost 100 hrs. and we do alot of larger condo's, but I put it on all my lawns only have one that it won't fit thru the back gate...faster....I would say twice as fast and it hasn't broken down or nothing has fallen off of it (unlike my old centri unit) I understand the new magnum's are doing o.k. the 50ft hose reel on the z-max is a great asset. let me know if you have any questions on the Z.

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

we want pics:waving:

7. fert40

fert40 LawnSite Member

I have had mine for two seasons now and I am so impressed with the z-spray
    I can do so many lawns in a day and I am not tired at the end. It's so nice having a machine that's built like a tank. I had two PG's in the past, they are great for what you pay for them but I am not going back.