First shot at Pro Landscape Image Editor

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by iowa, Dec 19, 2006.

1. iowa

iowa LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW IA

For those who use Pro landscape, what do you think?

I also need some help by the garage there with the hydrangea tree and spirea. Is it acceptable practice to have the shrub setup like I do?
  2. looks good , its a great tool to have.
  3. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the program also, not bad. Im sure Kirk from Dreams to Designs will advise you soon that this program will not make you a designer. Like the evergreens on the left side might get 10' tall and will not work on a ranch house. It is a good start i lack design also, but it sold me some jobs on new home construction where i was only supposed to bid grass and picked up some shrubbery work. The program is worth the money practice with it , i think it will move your company up a notch and will make you look more professional. Good luck.
  4. iowa

iowa LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW IA

Which evergreen? The tree on the way left side is a birch.
  5. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

That looks nice, how much is that program.
  6. Picture Perfect Landscape

Picture Perfect Landscape LawnSite Member

1200 i believe
  7. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just thinking the same thing! These programs will not advise you on proper design, but will only allow you to see your mistakes before you make them. Proper design requires attention to many areas of aesthetic values, plant growth analysis, and examining soil conditions in specific areas. These are only a few things that these programs do not do for you.

It does help with closing the deal though! Just make sure you take a good look at how the layout compliments (or doesn't) the home and property. A birch will set fine by a ranch by all means, but the point had to be made so others don't get the wrong idea about an expensive investment like Pro Landscape v12. It is absolutely the best program available though!!
  8. Sportsturf

Sportsturf LawnSite Member

Thats a computer generated image?

Guess it is. You insert the home and overlay the landscaped CGI's?

Thats awsome.

I'd tighten up the spirea where the hydrangea is to be symetrical and put the hyd behind them.

That blows me away. That.

9. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

Great visual program. Use it all the time at school. They have a light editor plus more in the program. $1200 sounds right.
  10. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

nice first attempt.
    I would try to smooth out the bed lines on the left so it's easier to mow around them.
    are those grasses in front of the door? try grouping them instead of putting them in a row.
    I would try to have the same # of spirea to the left & right of the hydrangea.

You nailed the perspective on the grass. it looks like it was part of the original photo.

just MHO based on the plants you chose.
    Keep in mind it's subjective. ask 10 people & get 10 different answers.

You may be interested in one of their training classes. they have not set dates for 2007 but they do have a list of cities where they will be. I will be going to either boston or baltimore, which ever is first.