1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

First Six Cylinder

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JB1, Mar 9, 2012.

1. My first six cylinder truck I've ever bought, usually got V-8's or diesels. This is a 2012 F-150 XLT the ecoboost engine and it seems pretty peppy.

2012 truck.JPG

2. SLMGT

SLMGT LawnSite Member

How does it pull?

3. TuffWork

TuffWork LawnSite Senior Member

From what I know of the ecoboost, it seems like you won't feel much difference from your usual V8s.

4. BigJon

BigJon LawnSite Member

My mom has one and really likes it. We pulled a small stock trailer with it the other day, it did ok, but you could tell it needed a little more lead in its britches.

5. Randy G.

Randy G. LawnSite Member

I pull my dads New Holland LS170 around with my ecoboost. It is very impressive. Pulls better than anything that is not a diesel out there. Pulling my 20 foot bass boat it never down shifts unless its a really steep grade bridge. Buddy with a similar bass rig pulls it with a vortec. Down shifts on every hill.

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a pretty nice truck...for personal use??

7. no it will be for the business, i've got other trucks if I need heavier pulling.

8. gibbonsballer10

gibbonsballer10 LawnSite Senior Member

The ecoboost engine has more toque and horsepower than the standard 5.0 v8, therefore it beats out the 5.0 v8. And, it reaches peak torque at only around 1500 rpm.

9. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I am impressed. That looks sharp.

10. i can already see myself gettin in trouble with this thing.