first snapper/exmark then hustler now bobcat?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmasterswilson, Jun 16, 2011.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

When I first started about 10 years ago snapper and exmark were the mowers to have. Then everyone seemed to switch to Hustler. Now I'm seeing more and more Bob Cat mowers.

Think this is a price thing? A new company offers a quality mower as cheap price and when they blow up the put a price tag of 10k on them so everyone moves to the next brand.

Most of these mowers are the same besides different features or deck designs.
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Over here in the Emerald City (Greenville) Exmarks and Grasshoppers are real popular. I see a few DC's and Hustlers.
  3. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

Bobcats are so well built is why they are popular and the price does not hurt either. I like my Procat 61 better than the JD 757 I had before it. It produces a beautiful cut.

4. 06LTNox

06LTNox LawnSite Member

Probably area dependent. Big farm community here so you see a lot of green, in the fields and mowing lawns. After that its Kubota or Grasshopper.
  5. Jims Lawncare

Jims Lawncare LawnSite Member

John Deere and Exmarks are the majority here, See a few Kubota and Walkers, but Bobcat does seem to be making some gains..We were just talking last week about how many Bobcats we are seeing on trailers this year...I am still the only Scag in town that I know of, but my buddy is a distributer for Bobcat and told me he can get me a goood deal on a procat..I might be the next one toting around a Bobcat.
  6. mowandblow1980

mowandblow1980 LawnSite Member

Might be misunderstanding but are you thinking Bob-Cat is new? I actually think they pre-date some of the other companies. They made some improvements to their mowers and I believe their pricing is pretty competitive. I have an older Bunton walk behind thats owned by the same company. Although I do agree most brands are pretty much the same. Just depends on what features you prefer
  7. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Never seen one around here.

Top two here are

2.Scag and every now and then a snapper pro.
  8. ATLandcare

ATLandcare LawnSite Member

I've seen them on craigslist, but never in action or even on an lco's trailer.....guess they aren't that popular in my region. Hustler and Exmark seem to reign here.
  9. mowandblow1980

mowandblow1980 LawnSite Member

One of Bob-Cats original designers was Dane Scag the founder of Scag mowers. Bob-Cats been around since the 70's I believe.
  10. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

My dad said he use to see them back in the late 80s when he mowed but now you see none.