First snow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cleancut, Dec 6, 2000.

1. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

We got our first snow here in East Tennessee on Sunday..It wasn't a big snow, but it's hanging around since it's still so cold here.I took Monday off and attempted some clean-ups today but most of the yards still had snow on them...Will probably be off again tomorrow...I'm still having alot of new customers calling wanting leaf clean-ups...I just hope I have time to get them all in...Is everybody else still doing clean-ups or are you in hybernation for the winter???I've got about 25 more jobs to do...Wish me luck..Clean-Cut
  2. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

I still have a few clean ups to go here in northeast Ohio as well. I tried to do a couple today but it was cold as hell and a lot of the leaves were frozen to the ground. All I need is a few good days to finish up. Forecast here calls for a warm up this weekend so it looks like I will be doing some work Saturday.
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

In missouri the leaves on bradford pears have just started to fall off, some of the oaks have lost all their leaves, and some still have a lot of leaves on them, it has snowed a little but it stays frozen because has been so cold, and another dusting today. The forecast changes daily, and now warmer this weekend with rain sunday, I sure would like to finish but its tough when I can only work 2 days a week.
  4. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

Most leaves are off here except for some hickory and bradford pear leaves..I've only worked about 4 hours so far this week...I was hoping to do some leaf jobs tomorrow, but we got another dusting of snow this evening..Some of my customers just don't seem to understand that I can't do the leaves when it's so cold..Do you all have customers that just don't get it????It's supposed to be in the 60's next week so that should help me out..Then it's bidding time for next year...Clean-Cut