First strip mall bid. Help

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by jplawnmaint, Feb 9, 2012.

1. jplawnmaint

jplawnmaint LawnSite Member

I'm new to power washing and I'm bidding my first strip mall side walk job. I have used the search button but can't find much on how to price sidewalk cleaning jobs. I'm not looking for you to price it for me. I just need to know how to? By the square ft or hrly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Pressure Washing Cleve

Pressure Washing Cleve LawnSite Member

I always go hourly.

3. jplawnmaint

Do you do strip malls? What has your experience been doing them? We handle quite a few strip malls for landscaping, but not for exterior Maint. I have heard that some of them don't pay good for that kind of service.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Pressure Washing Cleve

Pressure Washing Cleve LawnSite Member

It was years ago. They paid good. Bought a new machine this year and were going to go after them more agressively.

Pressure Washer.png

5. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

what type of equipment will you be using?

6. jplawnmaint

I'm still in the planing and research end of it now. But I plan on using a hot water washer. 3500-4000 psi. I'm not set on a machine yet. But we have a local dealer that sells power America washers. Good deal support. I plan on doing a truck mounted setup as I have some trucks that are only used for snow and they sit all summer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

Hot water is perfect but you will also need at least 8gpm if you plan on making any money at this.

Charge by the SF

Also call Bob at Pressure Tek, he will set you up with everything and his forum is priceless.

8. Everett Abrams

Everett Abrams LawnSite Member

Very broad question in regards to equipment and pricing. I have NEVER done flatwork pricing by the hour. You also have to allow for first-time cleaning and then maintenance washing, grease spots, gum, other stains etc. when pricing and creating a bid. There is a lot you can do with equipment on these set ups. I have made a lot of money over the years and never had an 8gpm machine, not that isn't more efficient. PM me if would like. One of the best flat work guys you will find is Ron Musgraves and he stops by here from time to time or "search" him.